From the CBC:
Riot police fired tear gas at rock-throwing protesters in central Cairo on Monday, a day after Egypt's president declared a state of emergency in three provinces hit hardest by political violence and vowed to deal "firmly and forcefully" with the unrest roiling the country. The eruption of violence, which began around Friday's second anniversary of the uprising that toppled longtime ruler Hosni Mubarak, has plunged Egypt once again into political turmoil and exposed the deep fault lines running through the country. More than 60 people have been killed in the unrest, which is fuelled by anger over the policies of the country's new Islamist leader and the slow pace of change. The latest death came on Monday in Cairo, where a protester died of gunshot wounds as youths hurling stones battled all day and into the night with police firing tear gas near Qasr el-Nil Bridge, a landmark over the Nile next to major hotels. In nearby Tahrir Square, protesters set fire to a police armoured personnel carrier, celebrating as it burned in scenes reminiscent of the 2011 revolution that ousted Hosni Mubarak.

"I will be coming back here every day until the blood of our martyrs is avenged," said 19-year-old carpenter Islam Nasser, who wore a Guy Fawkes mask as he battled police near Tahrir square.

CBC Canada - LINK

More from the BBC
Protests and violence have continued into the night in Egypt as thousands defied overnight curfews imposed by President Mohammed Morsi. Marches took place in the cities of Port Said, Ismailia and Suez after dark, despite the curfews and a temporary state of emergency. Dozens of people have been killed in five days of violent protests. Meanwhile Mr Morsi's call for national dialogue has been rejected by his political opponents. He had urged opposition leaders to attend a meeting on Sunday evening in an effort to calm the situation, but only Islamists already aligned with the president turned up. The latest protests in the cities along the Suez canal were sparked by death sentences handed down by a Port Said court on 21 local football fans involved in deadly riots at a football match in the city almost a year ago. Elsewhere Egyptians more broadly opposed to Mr Morsi's authority have taken to the streets in the wake of the Egyptian revolution's second anniversary. More deaths on Monday mean that between 50 and 60 people are now believed to have been killed in violent clashes with security forces since Thursday.

Photo Credit

Additional Source(s):
Star Tribune Minneapolis-St. Paul - LINK
Egypt Independent - LINK